Driver and Outreach Facilitator - Fixed Term until 30th April 2020
Please note: The closing date for this vacancy has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Location Leicester, LE1
- Hours 20 hrs per week
- Pay £8,709.05 per annum
- Closing date: 27 Jan 2019, 11:59 p.m.
This is a fixed term post until
30th April 2020, with the possibility of extension, subject to
confirmation of funding.
this role you will be responsible for providing a mobile early intervention
advice service in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland for individuals at risk
of sight loss including an appropriate basic functional eye screening, the promotion
of Information, Advice & Guidance for self-management techniques that
support people to make informed choices and remain well.
You will also be responsible;
· For the vehicle: including daily inspection & pre-driving checks, risk assessments, driving, set up and delivery of outreach sessions
· To demonstrate a range of products on the vehicle, maximise income generation through sales of product and stock promotion
· With working with the Outreach Coordinator plan & deliver 1:1 information advice and guidance opportunities for outreach sessions at a range of community venues.
· For re-ordering of stocks, keeping abreast of changes re products, collate monies and updating accounts and Vista shop regarding these to suit the needs of areas/ venues.
· To oversee the risk assessment process for all venues used for information and advice activities, ensuring compliance with health and safety guidance.
support recruitment, training and development of volunteers to provide
information and advice to people with sight loss, their family and carers
are looking for someone with experience of driving a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes,
knowledge of Leicester Leicestershire and Rutland, developing staff and
volunteers, excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate at
different levels. Have a flexible approach to service delivery and working
hours. You must hold a full UK clean driving licence and experience of driving
a vehicle under 3.5 tonnes to be able to fulfil the role.
We offer excellent health benefits, a defined
contribution pension scheme and access to an employee assistance programme.
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families
Closing Date: Sunday 27th January 2019 - Midnight
Interviews: Friday 1st February 2019
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.
This post is subject to
an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.