Please note: The closing date for this vacancy has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Location Leicester LE4
- Hours 25 hrs per week
- Pay £9,780.00 per annum
- Closing date: 11 Mar 2018, 11:59 p.m.
In this role you will;
· Be responsible for the efficient running of the laundry of the home
· Launder clothing daily according to “manufacturers” instructions, to return it to individual rooms and put it away tidily
· Wash other items of linen, such as bedding, tablecloths and napkins as necessary
· Iron clothing and other items
· Sluice, wash and dry soiled clothing when required
· Alter, repair and mark items of personal laundry as necessary
You will be required to work 25 hours per week including bank holidays over a two week rota with alternate weekends.
On week 1 you will be required to work 3 days per week flexibly Monday – Friday between 12pm – 5pm and Saturdays and Sundays between 9am – 2pm.
On week 2 you will be required to work Monday – Wednesday between 12pm – 5pm and Thursdays and Fridays between 9am – 2pm.
Some flexibility may be required with weekends/bank holidays to cover for sickness, training.
When rostered to work weekends and bank holidays you will be paid, at an enhanced hourly rate.
Previous laundry experience and knowledge of moving and handling techniques and equipment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families.
Interview Date: Tuesday 20th March 2018
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS