Administrator for Vista Member Forum
- Location From home and/or Vista House
- Hours To attend meetings four times a year and carry out follow-up work
The Vista Member Forum offers opportunities for local people with sight loss to meet and discuss issues important to them, including
Vista’s services, and those from other organisations. Members also set up and run self-help activities, including an email group that aims to help people with technology.
It is difficult for everybody to attend our quarterly meetings, and so the minutes are a vital means of informing people of decisions and initiatives. We are looking for a volunteer with experience of administration, taking minutes and using email, as well as other methods, for managing communications. You may become involved in other aspects of the work of the forum, such as working with members on specific projects from time to time.
- Attending all forum meetings, which is currently four times a year on a Saturday morning, taking minutes and writing them up for review by the Chair
- Typing up and circulating the minutes of the meetings
- Assisting the Chair in ensuring that papers for discussion are submitted and distributed on time, and that the agenda is prepared and circulated
- Helping with practical arrangements, such as setting up tables and chairs, and offering refreshments
- Promoting the forum to other Vista staff and volunteers
- Assisting with the recruitment of new forum members
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexibility - occasionally being available at short notice
- A good command of written English, with the ability to use simple and clear language
- The ability to distil important points from a general discussion and record them
- The desire to work with blind and partially sighted people, giving a voice to members and shaping services
Support provided for you:
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
- Visual Impairment Awareness Training
- Other training, as identified
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for volunteers aged 18 years and above and is subject to two references.