Collections Team Co-ordinator
- Location As required
- Hours Flexible
We have ambitious fundraising targets to reach in the fundraising team at Vista. One way we want to increase our income and local profile is by holding more regular bucket collections, but to make them successful we need a dynamic, enthusiastic and willing volunteer to lead the team. You will be responsible for booking collections at supermarkets, train stations and shopping centres across the region, as well as coordinating our fantastic volunteer collections team, ensuring you have enough people to hold the buckets and raise vital funds for Vista. If you think you fit the bill we would love to hear from you. It is great fun, you will meet new friends and make a real difference to the people we support.
- Helping to collect funds via bucket collections throughout Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- Contacting local supermarkets, train stations, shopping centres and other busy locations to secure collection dates and venues
- Helping to recruit additional collections volunteers across the region
- Ensuring money is counted and banked appropriately and the necessary admin is completed (this can be delegated to other volunteers, but you will be responsible for ensuring it happens)
- Maintaining regular contact with the Fundraising Team at Vista
- Potentially lending a hand at large fundraising events where we need extra support.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- People who like to raise money while having fun
- Confident approaching organisations by phone, letter and email in order to book collections
- Good communications skills – an ability to motivate and enthuse our team of volunteers
- Excellent organisational skills
- To be friendly, enthusiastic, professional and confident with a genuine interest in raising funds to support the work of Vista
- To be trustworthy, honest and reliable, particularly when dealing with money
- Flexibility including occasionally being available at short notice.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.