- Location Leicester and within your community
- Hours half a day a week
You will be visiting someone in their home to have a cup of tea and a chat. You could get involved with art and crafts or enjoy a board game!
You may need to do some basic admin work, making phone
calls or help with reading newspapers and books.
We would like you to guide the service user to think
about the stage they would like to be at in a few months’ time; set small goals
(e.g. to be able to attend local groups on my own) that you could support them
You could even accompany service users to lunch clubs and community events, appointments/shopping or dog walking.
skills we are looking for:
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Respectful and honest
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
We hope that
by becoming a volunteer you:
- Increase your own self confidence
- Meet new and interesting people
- Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning
- Have fun!
- Take reasonable care for the
Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts
or omissions whilst volunteering.
volunteering opportunity is subject to a DBS check and two references.
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for volunteers aged 18 years and above and is subject to a DBS check and two references.
For an Application form contact the Volunteer Development Manager
Call 0116 249 8843
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or by post to Vista 16 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 6UB