Graphic Design Volunteer
- Location Vista House, 1a Salisbury Road Leicester LE1 7QR
- Hours 1 day a week
Vista changes lives. We are the leading charity working with children and adults with sight loss in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
We’re looking for a Graphic Design volunteer to help support our marketing team here at Vista. The role will require visual communication skills to develop ideas that inspire, inform and captivate our service users and visually impaired people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
The role will involve developing and editing original artwork and templates, as well as creating new designs for advertisements in local press and other media, retail - point of sale, designing posters for the many services we offer as well as other Vista print materials.
- Developing ideas alongside the marketing team according to Vista’s brand and ‘Vista’s Make it Clear Guidelines’.
- To assist with the development and production of some of Vista’s marketing and publicity materials, using InDesign software package
- To support internal design work for new office move
- To assist the Marketing and Communications Assistant in other design tasks as required
Qualities and skills we are looking for
- Confident user of Adobe creative suite and InDesign packages
- Ability to follow a work plan and stick to deadlines
- Visually communicate and aesthetically express concepts and ideas using various graphics elements and tools
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Attention to details.
- Good written skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising workload to manage multiple projects
- Confident, friendly and reliable with a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people
Support provided for you:
Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista.
Other training as identified
Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport cost
We hope that by becoming a volunteer you:
Increase your own self confidence
Meet new and interesting people
Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning
Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst volunteering.
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for volunteers aged 18 years and subject to two references.