Mobile Support Service Volunteer (Leicester City)
- Location Various locations within Leicester City
- Hours Flexible, 3 days a month, minimum commitment of 3 months
Be part of a team on our Mobile Support Service, taking out information on eye health and services available in the local community to people over 65 who may be unaware of what is provided.
- To welcome visitors to the bus and help to find out what information or help they need
- Offer assistance to customers as needed, sharing knowledge of services available in the local area
- Represent Vista to the general public.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Good people and communication skills
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Good working knowledge of one or more of the localities covered by the project and be situated in the local area so that they can easily access the vehicle.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness Training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs
- Training on products and services offered by Vista.