Project Marketing Volunteer
- Location Vista House, 1A Salisbury Road Leicester
- Hours 1 day a week (Full or half day) Flexible (Monday – Friday)
We are looking for a volunteer to help deliver the marketing plan for this project. Working alongside the Marketing Team, you will be responsible for letting local communities and media know that we are visiting their area.
- Manage mailings to each area, which involves sending posters and flyers to parish councils, GPs, opticians, etc.
- Secure media coverage and local promotion opportunities, such as contacting local press, issuing press releases and booking advertising.
- Promote the visits online via our social media channels, and through forums and websites such as Leicestershire Villages.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Comfortable and confident communicating by telephone and email
- Good written skills
- Ability to follow a work plan and stick to deadlines
- Confident, friendly and reliable with a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people
- Whilst this role does not require any previous marketing experience, it may suit someone looking to gain work experience in a marketing field.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Manager at Vista Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to two references. Suitable for volunteers aged 18 years or over.