Marketing Office Volunteer
- Location Vista, 3rd Floor 16 New Walk Leicester LE1 6UB
- Hours 1 day a week (Full or half day) Flexible (Monday – Friday)
We are looking for a volunteer to help deliver the marketing plan for the marketing team. You will assist with mini projects and administrative tasks needed to fulfill tight deadlines.
- Manage mailings to each area, which involves sending posters and flyers to parish councils, GPs, opticians, etc.
- Secure media coverage and local promotion opportunities, such as contacting local press, issuing press releases and booking advertising.
- Promote the visits online via our social media channels, and through forums and websites such as Leicestershire Villages.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Comfortable and confident communicating by telephone and email
- Good written skills
- Ability to follow a work plan and stick to deadlines
- Confident, friendly and reliable with a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people
- Whilst this role does not require any previous marketing experience, it may suit someone looking to gain work experience in a marketing field.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Manager at Vista Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to two references. Suitable for volunteers aged 18 years or over.