- Location Vista Head Office 16 New Walk, Leicester LE1 6UB
- Hours half a day a week
At Vista we collect data to show the impact of services. To do this we need to analyse this data and produce short reports which contribute to our ‘Leading the Agenda’ section on the Vista website.
- You will have access to analysis software and be supported by the Director of New Opportunities in carrying out this work.
- You will be tasked with carrying out analysis on data sets to which will contribute to our short reports.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- You will have a research background to assist with this work
- Ideally you will have an undergraduate or postgraduate degree and be familiar with statistical analysis
- This opportunity would suit students looking to carry out applied work.
- Confident communicator with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Good written skills
- Good computer skills
- Organised and methodical
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to tackle many different things
- Willingness to comply with confidentiality and data protection policies.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs
- Training on specific websites/packages
We hope that by becoming a volunteer you:
- Increase your own self confidence
- Meet new and interesting people
- Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning
- Have fun!
Health & Safety:
- All volunteers will be expected to:
- Ensure that they comply with Vista’s Health & Safety policy at all times
- Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst volunteering.
Equality, Diversity and Rights:
Vista is committed to improving the quality of its services to all people, irrespective of race/ethnicity, disability, gender, religion or belief, age or sexual orientation. Our objective is to deliver high quality services that are accessible, responsive, and appropriate to meet the diverse needs of different groups and individuals. As such, we will continue to ensure that staff and volunteers employed by Vista treat every person with dignity, respect and fairness.
If you are interested in applying, the next step is to complete our volunteer application form. Please download our application form and return to Vista, 3rd Floor, 16 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 6UB or email email@example.com. Alternatively, to request a form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 249 8843 to have one posted.