Sight Loss Volunteer Advisor
- Location Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland - including community settings and hospitals
- Hours Four days per month - 2-3 hours per day
· To offer emotional support to people who have been diagnosed with sight loss or maybe at risk of losing their sight.
· To provide practical advice, guidance, identifying individual needs signposting accordingly.
· To engage in key locations within the community, making contact with people who are and may be at risk of losing their sight
· To help deliver information about the prevention of sight loss
· Offer opportunities to access support within the local communities
· To promote Vista in community and events to publicise our valuable services
· To support our ECLO teams within community hospitals
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
· Genuine interest in supporting people with sight loss or at risk of losing their sight
· Patience and good listening skills
· Good communication skills
· A friendly attitude
Support provided for you:
· Full Induction and Visual Impairment Awareness training
· Training in hospital protocols or community locations
· Reasonable reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
Call: 07715 078 799