Social Group Assistant (Loughborough)
- Location St Peter’s Church, Loughborough
- Hours Two Tuesdays a month, from 10.30am to 3pm for three months
Our social group in Loughborough meets twice a month, to provide friendship, support and encouragement to older people living with sight loss. We are looking for reliable, friendly people to help with crafts, games and social activities at this group, help to serve and clear away meals, and take part in occasional outings.
- To help create a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- To make and serve early morning refreshments, laying tables, serving meals and helping to clear away afterwards
- To socialise with members of the group, taking part in activities as necessary
- To perform some guiding such as to and from transport as required
- To be reliable and have a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Good people and communication skills
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Good team player.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Other training, such as Health & Safety, as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for volunteers aged 18 years and above and is subject to a DBS check and two references.