Social Group Assistant
- Location Various venues in Leicester City, County and Rutland
- Hours Flexible hours. Groups run once a month.
- To help create a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- To make and serve early morning refreshments, laying tables, serving meals and helping to clear away afterwards
- To socialise with members of the group, taking part in activities as necessary
- To perform some guiding such as to and from transport as required
- To be reliable and have a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Good people and communication skills
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Good team player.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Group
- Facilitators and/or Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to a DBS check and sets out the duties of the role at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general climate or level of responsibility entailed.