Social Group Helper (Braunstone)
- Location Braunstone
- Hours One day (Thursday) a month, from 10am to 3.30pm
We are looking for someone reliable with a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people. To assist the group facilitator in providing friendship, support and encouragement to people living with sight loss.
- To help create a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- To make and serve early morning refreshments, laying tables, serving meals and helping to clear away afterwards
- To socialise with members of the group, taking part in activities as necessary
- To perform some guiding such as to and from transport as required
- To be reliable and have a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Good people and communication skills
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Good team player.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Other training, such as Health & Safety, as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.