Socialising Volunteer (residential homes)
- Location New Wycliffe Home, Rushey Mead
- Hours Negotiable but looking for one morning or afternoon per week
- To communicate and socialise with specified residents, building a relationship of friendship and trust
- To assist with various tasks such as helping read local newspapers or books as required
- To enable specific residents to take part in organized activities such as quizzes and crafts if requested by the resident.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- The ability to act appropriately in an environment that may be emotionally demanding
- To be reliable and have a genuine interest in the desire to make a difference in the lives of visually impaired people
- Good communication skills
- Patience and a warm and friendly attitude
- Volunteers must be over 18 years of age.
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Homes Managers and/or Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage
or public transport costs.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to a DBS check and sets out the duties of the role at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general climate or level of responsibility entailed.