Triage Support Officer - Fixed Term until June 2023
Please note: The closing date for this vacancy has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Location Leicester, LE1
- Hours 30hrs per week
- Pay £15,858.96 per annum
- Closing date: 8 Aug 2022, noon
How we welcome and respond to individuals contacting us for support is important to us, as is making sure that we actively help people to get the support that they need. The role is all about care, communication, compassion and respect, and enabling those contacting us to have access to the support available to them to be able to live their lives as fully as possible.
Vista is an independent, local charity providing information, support and care to people affected by sight loss who live in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. We have been doing so for over 180 years and are working hard to make sure we will do so for the future too.
Working 30 hours per week flexibly (hours you would like to work can be discussed at interview), Monday to Friday with the requirement to work occasional weekends and some unsocial hours to meet the needs of the service.
This is a fixed term role until June 2023. Extension dependent on funding.
In this role you will;
· Play a major part in processing enquiries, referrals and requests for people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, responsible for being the initial contact at Vista and gateway to our services
· Play a pivotal part in assessing risk and need undertaking initial contact Triage and processing for incoming referrals and making appropriate onward internal and external referrals to appropriate services.
· Update client records including changes to personal information, referrals and action and the outcome of general assessment with detailed write up as required.
· Actively promote and support individuals on the pathway for them to access their own Enhanced Care Records, Summary Care Records and make referrals for Carer assessments.
Your experience of working with visually impaired people is essential, as well as proven verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits: 31 days annual leave (pro-rota), inclusive of bank holidays, your birthday off, full training for the role, excellent health benefits, wellbeing - access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
We welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic and are an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with disabilities including visual impairments, and we encourage applications from such people who are under-represented in our workforce and face disadvantage on account of disability.
All candidates will be treated equally, and we will base decisions on appointments on the merits of the candidates.
Closing date: Monday 8th August 2022 – Noon
Interviews: Friday 12th August 2022
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
In line with current government guidance, we encourage everyone who works with our service users to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.