Fundraising Office Volunteer
- Location Vista House 3rd Floor, 16 New Walk, Leicester LE1 6UB
- Hours Flexible, at least half a day a week
Vista is looking for an enthusiastic and hard working volunteer to help out in our fundraising office.
Tasks will include calling potential and existing supporters, researching local businesses and trusts, coordinating mailings and much more. We are looking for someone who can give at least half a day a week, although we can be very flexible on the exact hours. The individual needs to be confident speaking on the telephone and calling people they don’t know, have good written skills, be confident using a computer and be willing to undertake a variety of tasks to support the team.
The role will suit someone looking for experience in fundraising. We will ensure that the individual gets an opportunity to learn about the sector in more detail. We would love to welcome someone in to give us some extra support. This is an exciting time for Vista with our charity growing ambitious growth in our income targets for the year ahead and a strategy to raise the charity’s profile in the local community.
- To support our fundraising activity. The role will vary from basic admin support through to research into local funders, contacting potential donors and supporting our fundraising campaigns. Where possible, we will flex the role to meet your own areas of interest and give you an insight into the work we do.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- To be friendly, professional and confident with a genuine interest in raising funds to support the work of Vista
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- To be trustworthy, honest, accurate and reliable when dealing with money
- Willing to help out where needed and get stuck in
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to two references.