- Location New Wycliffe Home, Rushey Mead, Leicester
- Hours Negotiable
To help New Wycliffe Home maintain and improve its extensive gardens in conjunction with staff.
- General gardening duties such as weeding, planting, potting on etc
- To take an active role in devising and participating in new gardening projects aimed at getting interested residents involved
- Any other gardening activities as requested.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- The ability to act appropriately in an environment that may be emotionally demanding
- To be reliable and have a genuine interest in the desire to make a difference in the lives of visually impaired people
- An interest in and knowledge of gardening
- An adequate level of physical fitness in order to carry out gardening duties
- An interest in garden design would be an advantage
- A patient and friendly attitude.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Homes Managers and/or Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
We hope that by becoming a volunteer you:
- Increase your own self confidence
- Meet new and interesting people
- Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning.
Health & Safety:
All volunteers will be expected to:
- Ensure that they comply with Vista’s Health & Safety policy at all times
- Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst volunteering.
Equality, Diversity and Rights:
Vista is committed to improving the quality of its services to all people, irrespective of race/ethnicity, disability, gender, religion or belief, age or sexual orientation. Our objective is to deliver high quality services that are accessible, responsive, and appropriate to meet the diverse needs of different groups and individuals. As such, we will continue to ensure that staff and volunteers employed by Vista treat every person with dignity, respect and fairness.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to a DBS check and sets out the duties of the role at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general climate or level of responsibility entailed.
If you are interested in applying, the next step is to complete our volunteer application form. To request a form please email email@example.com or call 07967 799364/0116 249 8843 to have one posted.