Community Support Volunteer
- Location Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland - including community settings and hospitals
- Hours half a day a week
· To offer emotional support to people who have been diagnosed with sight loss or maybe at risk of losing their sight.
· To provide practical advice, guidance, identifying individual needs signposting accordingly.
· To engage in key locations within the community, making contact with people who are and may be at risk of losing their sight
· To help deliver information about the prevention of sight loss
· Offer opportunities to access support within the local communities
· To promote Vista in community and events to publicise our valuable services
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
· Genuine interest in supporting people with sight loss or at risk of losing their sight
· Patience and good listening skills
· Good communication skills
· A friendly attitude
Support provided for you:
· Full Induction and Visual Impairment Awareness training
· Training in hospital protocols or community locations
· Reasonable reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
For an Application form contact the Volunteer Manager
Call 0116 249 8843 or 07967 799364