Mobile Support Service
Vista's mobile support service is touring Leicestershire and Rutland, providing information, support and advice about eye health and assistive technology.
1.8 million people are living with significant sight loss in the UK, and evidence suggests that over 50 percent of sight loss is due to preventable or treatable causes. People with sight loss can often feel isolated when they do not have easy access to information and technologies that could improve their everyday lives. We believe that advice and support should be available in even the most rural communities, so we've taken our services on the road.
Our specially designed vehicle features a welcome area, leaflet display and seating area for individual consultation and support. Our friendly staff are offering free advice about reducing the risk of sight loss, as well as the support and services available through Vista. The team are also on hand to demonstrate equipment and technologies designed for people with sight loss.
Look out for our Mobile Support Service near you! We have regular city visits in various locations. Please see below:
Regular City Visits:
- Tudor Centre, Bewcastle Grove, LE4 2JW | 3rd Wednesday each month, 9.30am-2.30pm
Farm Youth & Community Centre, Marwood Rd, LE4 2ED | 3rd Monday each month,
- Highfields Library, Melbourne Rd, Leicester, LE2 0DS | 2nd Tuesday each month, 9.30am-2.30pm
- African Caribbean Centre, Maidstone Road - LE2 0UA | 1st Monday each month, 9.30am-2.30pm
- The Brite
Centre, Braunstone Avenue, LE3 1LE | 1st Tuesday
each month, 9.30am-2.30pm
- The Peepul Centre, Orchardson Avenue, LE4 6DP | Tuesday 3rd May, Wednesday 13th
June, Thursday 5th July, Thursday 2nd August, Thursday 6th
- Thurnby Lodge Community Centre, Thurncourt Rd, LE5 2NG | Thursday 19th April, Thursday
17th May, Thursday 14th June
We have plenty of opportunities for volunteering with the team on board in your local area. Visit our volunteering vacancies page for full role descriptions and an application form.