Please note: The closing date for this vacancy has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Location Leicester, LE3
- Hours 37 hours per week
- Pay £18,673.68 - £19,656.51 DOE
- Closing date: 27 May 2019, 11:59 p.m.
Vista’s Applegarth home is for people who have a visual impairment and learning disabilities. Each person is supported to make decisions for themselves, with the aim being to support each person to take control over their own life.
In this role you will;
· Deputise for the Deputy Manager and to assist the Home Manager to lead a team of Support Workers
· Offer emotional, physical and social support to each individual living in the bungalow
· Enable each person to take as much control as possible over their own life and to achieve their aspirations as a valued member of society.
Substantial experience of working as a member of a team in a Learning Disability setting is essential.
Our dedicated, highly-trained teams are committed to delivering an excellent standard of care. We have excellent links with the local community, and every person is encouraged and supported to take part in leisure, social and educational activities tailored to their needs, abilities and interests.
Sleeping-in duties will be required on a rota basis for which an additional payment will be made.
In return you will receive a competitive salary in line with the Health & Social care sector, and a generous benefits package and investment in your personal growth with continuous training.
for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local
charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with
sight loss and their families.
Closing date: Monday, 27th May 2019 – Midnight
Interviews: Week Commencing 3rd June 2019
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.
This post is subject to
an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.