Senior Catering Assistant
Please note: The closing date for this vacancy has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Location Leicester LE4
- Hours 28 hrs per week
- Pay £11,329.60 per annum
- Closing date: 16 Jan 2018, 11:59 p.m.
In this role:
· You will be responsible for preparing and cooking hot breakfasts, simple hot meals and cakes.
· You will present food and drink in an appetising way to encourage enjoyment.
· You will assist the nominated senior member of staff with menu planning, ordering from suppliers and stock control.
You will need:
· Previous catering experience, a level 2 catering qualification and Food Safety Hygiene certificate. The ability to work on your own initiative, and also work effectively as part of a team.
Previous experience of working with people in a residential or health setting is desirable but not essential.
In return you will receive a competitive salary in line with the Health & Social care sector, and a generous benefits package and investment in your personal growth with continuous training.
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families.
Closing date: Tuesday 16th January 2018
Interviews: Thursday 25th January 2018
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.