Box Collector Volunteer
- Location Home based with travel
- Hours Flexible
At Vista, our collection boxes play a vital role in generating income and raising our profile in local communities. We urgently need volunteers to collect, count and bank donations received through charity collection boxes and act as a liaison between the box holders and Vista. Our collection boxes generate £20,000 a year for us, funds which are vital to helping us support people with sight loss. If you could give a little time to help bring in this money in your local community we would love to hear from you.
Please note: Volunteers will be expected to use their own transportation and should have access to a car. Mileage or transport costs can be reimbursed.
- To empty each box regularly (at least every 6 months)
- Count the cash, log the amount raised and issue a receipt
- To support the fundraising team in finding new outlets for boxes
- To deposit the cash collected at a bank and carry out the necessary administrative activities.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- To be friendly, enthusiastic, professional and confident with a genuine interest in raising funds to support the work of Vista
- To be a good ambassador for Vista out in the community, giving a positive and enthusiastic representation of the Charity
- To be trustworthy, honest, accurate and reliable when dealing with money
- To be comfortable working alone in the community, visiting our box holders.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to a DBS check and sets out the duties of the role at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general climate or level of responsibility entailed.