Please note: The closing date for this vacancy has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Location Leicester, LE1
- Hours 30 hrs per week
- Pay £21,082.72 per annum
- Closing date: 7 May 2021, noon
Vista is an independent, local charity providing information, support and care to people affected by sight loss who live in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. We have been doing so for over 180 years and are working hard to make sure we will do so for the future too.
You will be required to work 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday with the requirement to work some unsocial hours to meet the needs of the service. Full training will be given with our accounts package with the flexibility to work from home, with occasional office presence.
In this role you will;
· Lead and take ownership in the preparation of monthly lead schedules and support any statutory audit requirements
· Preparation of monthly management accounts and provide first input into monthly management accounts
· Provide the Financial Controller with concise, and clear updates and ensure all issues are escalated in a timely manner
· Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned responsible areas of the balance sheet
· Support the understanding and investigation of variance analysis relating to actuals vs budgets and forecasts and work closely with the budget-holders
Prior financial experience in a supporting/similar position is essential as well as being part-qualified/qualified/QBE.
In return we offer a competitive salary, staff benefits scheme, flexibility and opportunities for professional and personal development in one of the largest local charities and a leading organisation in the sight loss sector. This job will never be boring and is yours to develop within our team.
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families.
We welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic and are an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from candidates with disabilities including visual impairments, and we encourage applications from such people who are under-represented in our workforce and face disadvantage on account of disability.
All candidates will be treated equally, and we will base decisions on appointments on the merits of the candidates.
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 17th May 2021
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume you have regrettably not been selected for interview on this occasion.
Vista Reserves the right to withdraw this advert in the event of high volumes of applications received.
This post is subject to a Standard Disclosure from the DBS
Due to the current pandemic, interviews may be held via video link to which details will be provided to shortlisted candidates.