Support Worker - Simmins Crescent
Please note: The closing date for this vacancy has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Location Leicester, LE2
- Hours 37 hrs per week, but part time hours will be considered
- Pay £19,328.58 per annum
- Closing date: 30 May 2022, 11:59 p.m.
Full time hours are 37 hours per week, all posts are worked flexibly over a 24-hour period, seven days a week on a shift pattern, including weekends and bank holidays.
In this role you will:
· offer emotional, physical and social support to each individual living in the bungalow.
· be aware of the communication needs of each individual and to ensure that they are always fully met.
· support each individual to make choices in all aspects of their life.
· support activities that respond to individual preferences, both within the bungalow and in the local community.
· need to demonstrate compassion, adaptability and integrity.
Previous experience of working with people in a residential or health setting is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
In return we will offer;
· Free DBS check
· 31 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays
· Wellbeing - access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme
· Investment in your personal growth with continuous training
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families.
We welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic and are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be treated equally, and we will base decisions on appointments on the merits of the candidates.
Closing date: Monday, 30th May 2022 – Midnight
Vista Reserves the right to withdraw this advert in the event of high volumes of applications received.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
In line with current government guidance, we encourage everyone who works in our care settings to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.