Oakham Bookshop Lead Volunteer
- Location 15 High Street, Oakham, LE15 6AH
- Hours Half a day a week
We're looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers to help out at our book shop in Oakham.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Reliable and punctual
- Enthusiasm and the willingness to learn
- Proactive in promoting the work of the charity
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills and customer services
- Good sense of humour essential
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular supervision and support from Vista staff
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs
- Training on products and services offered by Vista.
We hope that by becoming a volunteer you:
- Increase your own self confidence
- Meet new and interesting people
- Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning
- Have fun!
Health & Safety:
All volunteers will be expected to:
- Ensure that they comply with Vista’s Health & Safety policy at all times
- Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst volunteering.
This volunteering opportunity is subject to a DBS check and sets out the duties of the role at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general climate or level of responsibility entailed.
If you are interested in applying, the next step is to complete our volunteer application form. Please download our application form and return to Vista, 3rd Floor, 16 New Walk, Leicester LE1 6UB, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, to request a form please email email@example.com or call 0116 249 8843 to have one posted.