Digital Dynamos Service
We're taking you Digital
New technology and the development of sophisticated accessibility features have resulted in digital devices providing fantastic opportunities for people affected by sight loss.
The Digital Dynamos service is a volunteer-led support service to help people with sight loss become more digitally savvy, so they can overcome the challenges of everyday life. We are currently recruiting a team of ‘digital buddies’ who will provide one to one support sessions in people’s homes and sessions in the local communities.
Our aim is to match people with one of our digital buddies, based on their specific needs and our volunteers’ area of expertise. In addition, we also offer support with the use of electronic aids to assist in overcoming day to day issues.
Some of the areas this will include are:
- Activating and optimising the accessibility features or settings on devices
- Helping to develop basic computer skills, such as making use of video calling services to keep in contact with friends and family
- Downloading and using newly developed apps that can benefit people with sight loss
So, if you need advice about buying equipment or help with using digital technology and applications designed to improve your life, then Vista’s Digital Dynamos service can help you.
To access the service you must:
- Be over 18
- Have access to your own equipment, applications and daily living aids
- Have a significant sight loss and be under a consultant ophthalmologist, and/or be registered as sight impaired or severely sight impaired
For more information about this excellent new service, or to enquire about becoming a Digital Buddy, please contact email@example.com or on 0116 249 8840.