Charity Shop Volunteers
- Location Oakham, Syston, Shepshed or Rothley
Our charity shops help us raise funds to support our services. If you have a passion for fashion, love music, bric-a-brac or books, are into up-cycling, or want to work in retail, why not join our friendly team? Lending a hand for a few hours a week will help us support children and adults with sight loss.
We are looking for people willing to assist us with some of the following tasks:
- Meet & greet customers
- Manage the shop floor
- Sort, clean, price and display goods
- Operate the till
- Collect donations
- Specialise in an area like music, books, bric-a-brac, or fashion
- Help us develop an eBay line and keep it up to date
- Be a ‘Treasure Hunter’ researching the value of unusual items
- Use your creative skills to up-cycle stock and add value
- Be a ‘Stock Generator’ contacting local businesses and organisations to organise donation drives
You don’t have to be able to do it all, you can pick an area you’re interested in.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
We need volunteers to be honest and reliable. If you have retail skills that’s great, if not you can develop some skills with us.
- On the job training and support from our Shop and Retail Managers
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or bus fares
- A chance to use or develop your skills and confidence
- A friendly working environment