Children's services Volunteer
- Location Based in Leicestershire
- Hours Evenings/ Weekends and holiday time
We’re looking for volunteers to help with our children’s trips and activities during school holiday times, weekends, and evenings. We arrange some exciting and fun activities empowering young people with sight loss to grow in confidence and achieve their aspirations. This role involves assisting our children’s team in delivering a wide range of activities.
- To empower the children and young people
- To engage with children, young people, and families, taking part in activities as necessary
- To be reliable and have a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of visually impaired people
- To help create a warm, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere
skills, we are looking for:
Good people and communication skills
Enjoys meeting new people
Good team player
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Safeguarding training
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Group Facilitators and/or Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training, such as Health & Safety, as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or
public transport costs.
We hope that
by becoming a volunteer you:
Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning
Help us to make a difference to people with sight loss
Increase your own self confidence
Meet new and interesting people
Health & Safety:
All volunteers will be expected to:
Ensure that they comply with Vista’s Health & Safety policy at all times
Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst volunteering.
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for volunteers aged 18 years and above and is subject to a DBS check and 2 references.