- Location 3rd Floor, Provincial House 37 New Walk, Leicester, LE1 6TE
- Hours Minimum 1 day a week (8hrs)
- Greeting visitors and staff at head office, ensuring sign in procedures are followed.
- Taking deliveries and letters and getting these to the correct staff in a timely manner.
- Answering calls to our main telephone line, transferring to relevant staff when appropriate, taking and relaying messages when staff are unavailable.
- Answering queries and providing information to our services users.
- Using our internal CRM style system to record contacts and queries and make referrals to relevant departments.
- Assist in preparing rooms for meetings.
- Keeping the reception area safe, tidy and welcoming.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Polite and professional manner, both in person and over the phone.
- Good timekeeping and communication skills.
- Fair computing and technology skills.
- Willingness to learn new processes and software.
- A positive attitude.
- Reliability and commitment to the role.
Previous experience in working in an office environment is ideal, but not essential.
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training.
- Telephony systems and CRM training
- Other training as identified.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs.
- We offer induction training in working with people with sight loss, Vista’s Policies and Procedures for volunteers, legal issues and logistics.
- We have advice sheets, record forms and posters to download, as well as links to other online resources.
- We offer a mileage allowance and pay for reasonable travel costs for public transport.
Successfully placed volunteer(s) will be working within the central department and will have staff and a line manager for support and guidance.
We hope that by becoming a volunteer you:
- Increase your confidence and professional and social skills.
- Gain insight into the charity sector
- Meet new and interesting people.
- Learn new skills useful for future employment opportunities or further learning
Health & Safety:
All volunteers will be expected to:
Ensure that they comply with Vista’s Health & Safety policy at all times
Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions whilst volunteering.