Volunteer Bookshop Assistant
- Location 15 High Street, Oakham, LE15 6AH
- Hours Half a day a week
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers to help out at our book shop in Oakham.
Qualities and skills we are looking for:
- Reliable and punctual
- Enthusiasm and the willingness to learn
- Proactive in promoting the work of the charity
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Good sense of humour essential
Support provided for you:
- Visual Impairment Awareness training will be provided and take place at Vista
- Regular supervision and support from Vista staff
- Regular newsletters, updates and news from the Volunteer Manager at Vista
- Other training as identified
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses such as mileage or public transport costs
- Training on products and services offered by Vista.
We hope that by becoming a volunteer you:
Increase your own self confidence
Meet new and interesting people
Learn new skills that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further learning
Health & Safety:
All volunteers will be expected to:
- Ensure that they comply with Vista’s Health & Safety policy at all times
- Take reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others whom may be affected by their acts or omissions whilst volunteering.
If you are interested in applying, the next step is to complete our volunteer application form. Please download our application form and return to Vista, 3rd Floor, 16 New Walk, Leicester LE1 6UB, or email email@example.com. Alternatively, to request a form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 249 8843 to have one posted.